My Pen Won’t turn on!
- Make sure the Power Adapter is firmly plugged into both the wall and the pen.
- Be sure that the Power Adapter is connected to the correct part of the pen.
- Be sure to turn the switch on the pen to the ‘On’ position.
My Filament is extruding but it won’t stick to the paper, or it’s curling up around the Nozzle.
- Push the Nozzle firmly down against the paper, then begin extruding the Filament. This will allow the Filament to stick to the surface.
- Drag the pen and filament across the surface in a continuous unbroken line as if you were writing with a pencil.
- Keep your movements slow and steady. The Filament should hold to the paper and not curl up around the Nozzle.
My 3Doodler Pro+ isn’t extruding.
- Make sure your pen is on the right setting for the Filament you are using.
- Make sure the strand is engaged with the Drive Gear. Gently push the Strand into the Feed Port until you feel it being pulled by the
- Drive Gear on its own.If the above does not work, reverse the strand fully from the pen, snip the melted end, then reinsert and try again.
In situations where the strand is too short, remove the Maintenance Cover and with the pen turned on and in reverse, try to tease the strand out with your fingers.
If it is too short, put the maintenance cover back on. With the pen turned on and heated fully, unscrew the nozzle, then engage the reverse feature. Then insert the Unblocking Tool into the front of the pen to push the short strand out of the feed port.
My Filament is Leaking from around the Nozzle.
This may be caused by a loose nozzle. In this case make sure the pen is hot, and then tighten the nozzle using the tool provided. Do not over tighten it.
My Filament won’t stop extruding.
- Click the feed button once.
- If that doesn’t work, turn off and unplug your pen.
- Wait a few seconds and then plug it back in and turn it on again.
How do I reverse my unused filament?
- With the pen on and fully heated, click the Reverse Button.
- If the strand is too short, remove the Maintenance Cover and tease it out with your fingers, the pen should be on and in reverse as you do this.
- Alternatively, you can insert a new strand of the same filament and feed it through. This will push the small amount of the previous strand in the pen out through the nozzle.
My pen won’t heat up! The light stays red!
Make sure you have selected a filament type on the Menu Display. It takes about 60-90 seconds for the pen to heat up depending on the filament selected. If, after that time, the pen still does not heat up, and the Indicator Light remains Red, turn the pen OFF and then ON, and try again. If that still does not correct the issue, please contact us at [email protected]