So, what’s the buzz about Honey Bee Day?
Honey, we’ve got the inside scoop for you.
Every year on the third Saturday of August, National Honey Bee Day honors honey bees, beekeepers, and bee enthusiasts all across the globe. This day is a perfect time to spread awareness of the profound influence that honey bees have on our everyday lives, and to also share the importance of protecting these magnificent creatures.
So, what can you do to honor our buzzing bee friends on this special day?
We have just the activities for the occasion.
- Make a Doodle that’s as cute as a bug with this stencil by @sydtropolis.
- Bring some STEM learning to Honey Bee Day by learning bee anatomy. Can you identify the anatomical parts on your Doodled bee?
- Spend some time gathering local wildflower seeds. Make a plan to spread them to promote honey bee pollination.
- Plant some bee-loving plants in your yard or on your porch. Bees love lavender, alfalfa and clover!
- Get your morning coffee or tea buzz on with honey instead of a different sweetener.
- Research what is happening with bees in the world and share what you learn with a friend. A great resource for learning about bees is HoneyLove.org, the non-profit that manages National Honey Bee Day.
You’ll be very busy bee Doodling adorable bugs, gathering seeds, and tasting the delicious honey made by our pollinating pals.
Bee sure to share your Honey Bee Day activities with us on social media!
Doodles by Sydnee Davidson @sydtropolis