The Build & Play may become clogged if a used strand with a melted end is inserted, or if extruded plastic is put back inside of the pen. To troubleshoot, please follow these steps:
1. Ensure the batteries have sufficient charge.
2. Reverse the plastic by cranking the handle backwards.
3. Adults only for this step: Please try reversing the pen while gently knocking the pen (with the Feed Port facing down) on a surface to dislodge the plastic strand.
4. If that does not work, try running the pen forward, while using a second strand of Build & Play plastic to firmly push the plastic inside forwards. If there is a small jam, this should force the plastic through the pen and clear it out.
5. Finally, if the above hasn't worked, please cut off the tip of a new piece of plastic at a 45 degree angle. Insert that plastic into the Build & Play, and run it through.
If none of these steps help, please contact our friendly customer service team by emailing us here: [email protected]